Emma Watson - Facts
NAME: Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson
NICKNAMES: Em, One Take Watson (because she usually get's her scene's done in 1 take)
DATE OF BIRTH: 15th April 1990 (currently 17)
HOME: Oxfordshire, England
HEIGHT: 5"5 - 5"6 approx)
EYES: Dark Brown
HAIR: Dirty Blonde
FAMILY: Dad (Chris) Lawyer, Mum (Jaqueline) Lawyer [Divorced], Brother (Alex - 3 years younger than Emma)
PETS: 2 Cats Bubbles & Domino - Although Domino is Really her Brother's). She had a hamster named Milly
HOBBIES: Field Hockey, Tennis, Rounders, Table Tennis, Netball, Art, Dancing
PASTIMES: Spending time in the Sunshine, Being with Family & friends, Travelling to new Countries, singing and of course Acting.
SCHOOL PLAYS: Arthur: The Younger Years [Morgan La Fay], The Swallow and The Prince [The Swallow], The Happy Prince [unknown lead role], and Alice in Wonderland [the angry cook]
MUSIC: "I like a huge range of different music. I spend a lot of time just listening to the radio (Capital FM, if you live in London) or Fox FM when I am in Oxfordshire. I love Eminem and I have really grown to like Nelly Furtado's new album. These is a lot of great Jazz and R&B around at the moment like Norah Jones, Katie Melua, Jamie Callum, Joss Stone, and Amy Winehouse. I have always liked Alanis Morisette, Natilie Imbruglia, Sheryl Crow and Dido. Others include Jet, Razor Light, and Aimee Man (these are influences from Dan, who plays music in the make up chair everyday!). I have ended up liking a lot of stuff my Dad plays like Eric Clapton, BB King, John Hiatt, Jani Mitchell and I have quite a few influences from my mum like the Pretenders, Tina Turner, Meat Loaf, 10,000 maniacs. I love R&B, Hip Hop and street to dance to, Usher, Christina Milian, Pink, Hmm, I like so much stuff I can't name it all! " (From Emma's fall letter) She also likes chicks with guitars and she said you get used to Elvis Presley when your mum plays it every time you get into your car! The most recent artists she has mentioned are Damian Rice, David Gray and James Blunt.
SONGS: "Roxanne" from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack and any of Alanis Morisette's classic songs like "Messy" or "Ironic".
MOVIES: Shawshank Redemption, Gladiator, Dirty Dancing, Braveheart, Pride & Prejudice, Grease, Amelie, Shrek 1 & 2!! Finding Nemo was very funny also...Four Weddings and a Funeral, Pretty Woman, Romeo and Juliet (Baz Lurhman), Moulin Rouge and Ocean's 11, Ice age and Closer.
ACTRESS: Julia Roberts, Natalie Portman, Renee Zellwegger
BOOKS: Naughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman (and everythig else by Malorie Blackman) , His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman and of course Harry Potter.
FOOD: Prawn Cocktail crisps, Smoothies, Mcoys salt & vinegar Crisps, Muffins with Chocolate spread, Crumpets, Walkers, TOAST! Mint Areo's and of course...Chocolate (Healthy much? lol)
DRINK: Starbucks' chocolate cream Frappuccino
CLOTHES STORES: DNKY, Gap, Miss Sixty, Monsoon, Marc Jacobs
MOVIE GENRE: Comedies because they make her feel good about herself and they make her feel happy. She really likes Shrek!
HARRY POTTER BOOK:
Prisoner of Azkaban
HARRY POTTER SCENE (PS): Troll scene (because she did all her own stunts)
HARRY POTTER SCENE (COS): Gilderoy Lockheart classroom scene (Because Kenneth Brannagh is really nice & funny)
HARRY POTTER SCENE (POA): Punching Malfoy! (" Girl Power" - Emma)
HARRY POTTER SCENE (GOF): The Yule Ball dancing scenes!
HARRY POTTER CHARACTER: Hagrid
JELLY BEAN FLAVOUR: Sherbert Lemon
HERMIONE LINE (PS): "i'm Going to Bed before Either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed!...or worse EXPELLED!
Being Nominated for:
-Best Youth Performance: Phoenix Film Critics' Society (PS)
-Outstanding Supporting Actress: American Moviegoer Awards (PS)
-Best Ensemble in a Feature Film: Young Artists Award (PS)
-Best Acting Ensemble: Phoenix Film Critics' Society (CoS)
-Winning Best Supporting Actress: AOL Moviegoer Awards (CoS)
-Winning the Leading Young Actress in a Feature Film: Young Artists Awards (PS)
-Winning the Best Performance By a Youth
-Winning Total Film Magazine's "Child performance of the year" (POA)
-Winning Moviefone Moviegoers award for "Best Supporting Actress (POA)
-Winning Bronze Otto Award For Best actress (POA)
-Winning Child performance of the year - Toal Film magazine (POA)
-Winning Phoenix Film Critics' Society (CoS)
-Winning silver place in the Bravo Magazine poll for favourite Actress of 2004
-Nominated for Kzone Kids Award for Best Actress
-Winner of the Daisy Pratt Poetry competition in 1997 (age 7)
-Winning the Part of Hermione Granger and beating THOUSANDS of hopefulls.
- Whilst Filming Emma Attends 4 different types of Dance Classes: Breakdance, bodypopping, street dance and Modern.
- Emma was chosen to be on the U.K film council to judge the 2004 First Light Awards, For Emma this was a Huge Honour as she was judging alongside some of the biggest names in UK Film History.
- During the Filming of Prisoner of Azkaban Emma would play with Director Alfonso Cuaron's Hair between take because it was so long! she would even out it in pigtails! declaring herself as "Alfonso's unofficial Hair Stylist"
- Emma is a big Animal Lover and would often be seen alone in between takes visiting all of the Animals who work on the Harry Potter films.
- On her Days off from Filming Emma likes to Hang out with her group of 4 or 5 close friends and go & Watch a film in her Hometown (Oxford) "We hang out in starbucks, We go and choose Cd's, Talk, go to each others houses, normal girly stuff".
- If Emma had an Invisibility cloak she would sneak downstairs in the middle of the night and raid the Fridge.
- Emma's friend once tried to dye Emma's hair pink! - but it turned into a "revolting colour" and so Emma had to wash her hair 3 times a day for 3 weeks!
- After just 4 months of having to wear them, Emma has now had her braces removed
- Emma recently got her ears pierced
- Emma loves toast and insits you MUST add the butter immediately before it gets cold... in fact Emma seems almost obsessive about toast.
- Emma isn't really into perfume but that she likes "Be Delicious" by DKNY a lot.
- She's afraid Americans think she's snobby because of her posh British accent.
- The driver she's had for the past five (now six) years is called Nigel.
- She admires Renee Zellwegger "because she's not afraid to take on character parts (...). She's not just someone who wants to stand around and look beautiful". And she thinks Natalie Portman is "brilliant".
- She's ultra-competitive at table tennis.
- She likes Heinz tomato soup.
- She's not ticklish, she thinks she became "immune to it fighting with her brother so much".
- She doesn't watch "The O.C" but her friends love it.
- Teen Vogue was her first cover shoot and she had "the biggest butterflies" doing it, though she thought "the clothes were to die for".
- When in Tokyo for the GOF premiere, she went to "a traditional steakhouse, which was really nice, and I was able to try some traditional Japanese food".
- She choose her dress for the japanese GOF premiere herself.
- When Emma was younger she had trouble pronouncing the letter "a" in words.